Friday, October 15, 2010

Vintage style

     It is with pleasure that I am finally able to upload the long lost image of my late Grandmother Daphne. It was certainly an effort trying to get this image from my uncle in Australia. But now that I have it I am glad to finally be able to share it with you all.

The reason why I love this photo is simply because her outfit is so well tailored. As you can see just below her bust there's a superb vase shaped figure. My Grandmother was 6 feet tall and she definitely had the physique and stature of a model.

Although, were she to dress in today's times I feel as though she wouldn't look as great and as sophisticated as she does in her time. however in saying this, I believe she would totally rock modern high heels. especially with the vintage garment she is wearing in the photograph. 

- In memory of my totally fashionista of a Grandmother, Daphne, I hope that people realize that clothing like this is making a come back. It may be a slow and unnoticeable come back, but vintage is certainly the new black.

No comments: